Photo Credit: James Morioka; Papahānaumokuākea Marine Debris Project
SECTION 8(a) OF THE SMALL BUSINESS ACT
The 8(a) Business Development Program, named for Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act, is designed to assist small disadvantaged businesses, including firms owned by Native Hawaiian Organizations or NHOs, to compete in the marketplace. It is also designed to assist such business entities in accessing federal and private procurement markets.
Under the 8(a) program, the U.S. Congress granted such entities with unique rights in the federal procurement process. These rights provide federal agencies with strong incentives to contract with businesses owned by NHOs.
As a nonprofit NHO, under 15 U.S. Code Section 637, Manaʻo Nui is capable of arranging ownership of businesses approved through the 8(a) program and evolve them into Super 8(a) entities—activating those unique rights within the federal and private procurement markets. For more information on how you can team with Manaʻo Nui, contact us here.
Manoa Resources, LLC (solely owned by Manaʻo Nui Inc.) recently submitted a Mentor-Protégé application and was approved by the Small Business Administration (SBA) with Tristar Engineering and Management Inc. as our Mentor. Learn more about our Mentor, Tristar Engineering and Management Inc.
Mana'o Nui 'Ohana
- Hawaii Resource Group, LLC (HRG): Majority owned by Manaʻo Nui.
[Graduated from the 8(a) program]
- Manoa Resources, LLC: Solely owned by Manaʻo Nui.
- Kona Resources, LLC: Manoa Resources, LLC and Tristar Engineering & Management, Inc partnership.
[SBA Mentor-Protégé Program]
- Synergy Partners, LLC: Majority owned by Manaʻo Nui.
- Synergy Technology, LLC: Synergy Partners, LLC and TAI Engineers, LLC partnership.